Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!!


It's been a while since my last post, but today is a special day... When everyone else is celebrating with flowers and candy, I am wondering what my Daddy needs for his 60th birthday.

Yep, he's 60 today! I don't know where to start. I just called him to wish him a happy day, and I hung up the phone and cried. I still do that every once in a while.

It's been 1 week shy of 5 months since the heart attack, and he seems to be doing better than ever. He's working right now, so it keeps him busy.

We had an awesome New Year's. After the long day on New Year's Eve, we were finally able to set sail for our Family Vacation. Dave, Sam, Trenton and Misty went down about 10-10:30. That left Dad, Mom, Presley and me to ring in the New Year. I would not have traded that moment for anything in the world.

As most of you know, NYE has always been my favorite day of the year. It is the one day of the year that, as the clock strikes midnight, you can take everything that has happened in the last 365 days and step into a new year, vowing to make the next 365 that much better.

As the clock struck midnight, I was sitting on the Lido deck with Dad, Mom and Presley, the music started playing and I started crying. I thought about how extremely lucky I was that we were sharing that moment in time. I was thinking about how I wanted to erase the last year and just start this new year, new decade and make it the best one ever.

It's been good so far.

I got beautiful flowers for Valentine's from my beautiful Hubby! Today, not only do I celebrate my love for him, I think about how lucky I am that he married me. Through all that happened last year, he was always right by my side, holding my hand, lending a shoulder and reminding me how much I was loved. God Bless Him and God Bless each of you.

Happy Valentine's Day......

No comments: