Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Springtime...A new beginning

I love Spring. It's my favorite season of the year. The grass turns green, the trees start blossoming and the flowers start blooming. It's so appropriate that Easter happens in Spring. It's like a rebirth of everything beautiful.

I wanted to write this blog about happy stuff, but I just can't seem to get there. I recently read a blog posting that made me think of Tiffany and the boys. Kristin Cooper is a young widow in College Station whose husband was killed in an automobile accident on December 29. A driver crossed the middle of a country highway and hit them head on as they were traveling to Dallas for the birth of their new niece, luckily their 2 year old was not in the vehicle. The other driver was texting. I know I probably talk on the phone while driving and shouldn't, but I can't for a minute figure out how anyone thinks they can text and drive.

Kristin has a lot of faith in God, and as we have all said over the last few weeks, we know HE has a plan. What happened to Little David is part of that plan, and Kristen believes what happened to Chirs is part of that plan. As Sam pointed out, who are we to question HIS plan???

I've felt selfish lately. We are coming up on the 6 month aniversary (Sunday) of Dad's heart attack. Every morning I wake up and thank God for the new day and the opportunity to be able to call and talk to Dad if I need to do that. Every night I go to bed and thank God for keeping my family safe that day. I can't lie to any of you. I pray much more now than I did 6 months ago. I cannot imagine for one minute my life without that man. He is my world, and even my husband will tell you that. I love Dave, but a girl only has one Daddy.

So, why is Dad still here? God wasn't ready for him. He still has work to do here on Earth - you know, like fixing golf carts, working on BBQ pits, helping with catering jobs, keeping mom in line, spoiling those grandkids, oh this list could go on forever - but you get my drift. I overheard the "men" talking the morning of David's accident. They didn't know I was listening, but I was. One of them simply said "It would be easier if it had been one of us, we've lived our lives." Not really, death is never easy, but then again, why is it that a man who has lived a full life can have his spared, while one just beginning his journey is taken so suddenly? It really makes no sense, but it makes those of us left realize just how precious this life is.

If anyone is interested, Kristin's blog can be found at www.kristinwcooper.blogspot.com. It's truly inspirational and for those of you who think I can write, you haven't seen anything. This is a woman whose faith is guiding her through every day right now. She should be an inspiration to all of us.

With all of the tragedy lately, we should all step back ,take a look and count our numerous blessings. It's Springtime after all... We have so much to look forward to right now. There's finishing up Spring Break, The Jr. Livestock show for the kids, Easter, and let's not forget - BBQ Cook-off season is upon us.

I am already a little happier just thinking about it!

Shelly

No comments: