Sunday, September 14, 2008

DEVASTATING

So, I've been sitting in front of the TV for almost 2 days and can't take my eyes off it. If one channel goes to commercial, I simply find another. The Galveston we love visiting is twisted rubble right now. I'm speechless. Dave and I look at the piles of mess in the streets and recognize pieces of debris.

We were just there 3 weeks ago with Mom, Dad and the kids. You've seen the post! I remember pointing out the Hooters to Dave - I'd never notice it before. Now, it's no longer there. Dave and I went to the Balinese Room once when we were vactationing - no more... I remember our first vacation there together - the horse carriage ride through the Strand. I just heard it's under 7 feet of water right now.

I work with people down there. I've talked to a couple of them, so I know they are okay. But it doesn't make it easier. Where will they go? TAMUG is still underwater. What about my professors and their families? I know these people. That makes it so much more personal.

I ask my friends who read this to pray for my friends working their way through this horrible natural disaster. May God bless and keep them and their families safe through this ordeal and may the sun soon shine on them again.

shelly

No comments: