Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Kristen

Wow - It's hard to believe that 18 years ago, little Kristen Danielle was born. Where did the time go? I have so many memories of her. I remember Melissa bringing her to Cameron in the infant carrier for Sam's high school graduation. I think she was about 3 months old. (That just made me realize how old my brother is now)

I remember all the time we spent together at that trailer house. The parties - the boys... They all adored her and even babysat her the night Melissa and I thought it would be cool to go get tatoos. We went to pick her up and they said she'd cried the entire time - All of the Disney movies in the world didn't help.
No matter what, she was the life of the party - Filling their beer glasses an telling them how nasty it was. I remember her sitting at the coffee table with a pitcher of water and a shot glass so she could play quarters too - or better yet the hamburger cookout when the tomato came up missing and she was quietly sitting in the corner eating it like an apple. I remember her saying not so nice things about Barney while we were dining at Panchos, Thanks Sam! How time flies.
The most vivid memory of all was her standing in the booth at Casa Ole announcing to anyone who's listen that "Boys were good for nothing!" That was a night I will never forget. And that is a quote she should never forget.

After we took her to the Ren Fest, she came home and told everyone she rode the "mamma" because she couldn't say "llama."

I will never forget the night I took her for girl time to Gattiland - I told her she was my favorite little girl and she just looked at me and said "until you get one of your own." Well baby girl, I never got that one of my own. I do have a niece now, but you should always remember you've got a special place in my heart. You were the first little one that showed me what unconditional love was all about.


Congratulations on all of your achievements. The family loves you very much!

She certainly isn't 2 anymore.

No comments: