Monday, September 13, 2010

Hometown Healing

It's been almost 2 months since Eric's accident and Sunday the small community of Cameron came together as one to host a benefit for the family. For me personally, the best part of the entire benefit was getting to see Eric and Tammy out and about. He looks so good considering what he has been through.

We will continue to pray that God's will watch over the family and guide them through the physical and mental healing process.

I posted a status Sunday morning on Facebook about how proud I was to be from Cameron and that no matter where you go, there is nothing in the world like the closeness of Small Town America. I honestly think I've said in my blog a few times.

The number of people who came together to pull of the benefit was astounding. Everyone worked so hard, countless hours to get everything in order. As Mom said in her brief, and yes, emotional speech, you can't thank everyone by name, because you're going to miss someone. It was a true community effort, and it's one day I will never forget.

On a much more personal note, I do want to personally and publicly thank my husband. In our 6 short years of marriage (yeah, 6 - seems like yesterday), he has been by my side through many a rough patch. Whether it was a sickness, a birth, a death in the family or close family friend, or coming up on the one year mark of Dad's heart attack, Dave has been there for me, my family and my friends. Yes, it is his family too, but I honestly don't know what I would do without this man. He is my rock when I feel I could blow away, and he is my water when I feel I am on fire.

My wish for each of you is that you one day find that rock and that water, because it's the most wonderful thing life has to offer.

shelly

No comments: