Sunday, June 22, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

What a concert! I've got video for you. The concert was a lot of fun. However, when I initially won the tickets and just wanted to go see Cyndi Lauper and Joan Jett, I had no clue what was about to happen. Let me preface by saying, I am in NO WAY a homophobe, which was a good thing, seeing that the underlying meaning of the "True Colors" concert is unity and equality for Gays, Lesbians and Transgendered people. There are no words for some of the things we saw - This is what I get for living such a sheltered life. I don't care, it was GREAT!!!


Let's start with a couple of pictures - Dave and I did have fun.



Then, there was Laura and Shonda, 2 crazy ladies!


Finally, Chris - the one who didn't want it known he went to the totally outrageous event. but oh well, I was in charge of the camera, so now everyone knows! In front of Chris, you can see the backs of Morgan, Meredith and Anna. They weren't even born when Cyndi and Joan started singing! We did sit by some girls who looked like they could have been right out of my high school year book. Morgan was fascinated with the outfits. Remember girls - big hair, layered blouses, short skirts and the leggings? That is what they wore. With the crowd, I didn't know if they were playing dress up or if that is what they actually wear everyday.

A couple of sitings - Dave loved these socks, we are trying to find him a pair! And this couple, well, they caused a nice family with a child (probably about 10) to relocate to a different section of the lawn. They should have gotten a room!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Sorry, I had to giggle when you said you didn't realize what you were in for at this concert. lol :)

Jenny said...

Oh my! That is fabulous. Dave is a good man! Matt would have flipped out. Looks like ya'll had a blast!