Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Roller Coaster of Emotions

So, for those of you who have known us for a while, you all know about the 101 day headache Dave developed exactly 3 years ago on August 12. Well, after a warm November night in the hospital and plenty of drugs, it went away. He was put on preventative meds and has an injection he can take if it comes back.

Well, it came back.... Somewhere around August 3, he developed a headache and it hasn't let up since. The doctor wanted a new CAT scan to make sure all the pieces of the brain were in the right spots and there wasn't anything there that didn't need to be. As you know, I can get a little emotional at times, and while I held up well, I have been a nervous wreck for the last week waiting for this CAT scan. We spent 3 hours at the hospital this morning and the results just came in... Everything is NORMAL... Dave knew it would be okay. I did too, but I was preparing myself just in case. I've sometimes said, I don't want anything there, but at least if they find something, then we have something to blame it on.

Now, we find ourselves were we were 3 years ago - at the beginning - new drugs, test drugs, blah, blah, blah... My boss's sister had horrible headaches and they put her on a new drug that has completely stopped them. We've given the doctor the name of the drug. Now we wait to see if he thinks it will help Dave.

Just pray that something works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the headache has come back. Glad the catscan was normal! I pray he gets some relief soon!